Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Day 4

The best day yet...spent the entire day at an inland beach area. The kids spent the day playing in the sand, swimming, and snorkeling. It was very shallow and so I was relaxed and enjoying my quiet time under a canopied lounge chair with a Long Island in one hand and my book "Eat, Pray, Love" in the other (excellent book by the way). I sat there watching my kids....Dreamy Smurf chasing sea gulls, Smurfette building a sand castle, and Hefty Smurf....well, just being Hefty Smurf and marveled at how much they have and how lucky they are. I'm feeling a little nastalgic...or maybe sentimental is a better word.... here....bare with me....but then again maybe it was just the Long Island talking. Papa Smurf and I were commenting on how awesome the kids have been all week...they've been playing so nice together. And with Smurfette being sick she's been awesome....going along with everything without complaint...well...with the exception of her multiple boo-boos on her feet...new sandals aren't agreeing with her feet.

So we're back at the hotel room washing up and getting ready for our dinner. We plan to take a taxi into the nassau shopping district tomorrow and eating an early dinner at the "Fish Fry" (our taxi driver from the airport, Dee-Dee, told us this was the place to go. We found out there's no Kid's Escape tonight so that'll hopefully be tomorrow night's plan. Probably better that way anyhoo since Smurfette woke up with 100.7 degree fever again this morning....ugh! Signing off for now.....

2 comments:

Kelly said...

so glad you guys are having a good time!!!! Tammy that book doesn't sound like a vacation smut read to me! hehe

Mama Smurf said...

Yeah...I know....next time I'll have to consult with you on proper vacation reading material! LOL!