Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wordless Wednesday

When my mom and step dad were moving to a new home back in 1996 they were cleaning out the back storage room of their old house and found my dad's old fishing tackle box.

Inside the tackle box my mom found an old roll of undeveloped film.

My dad passed away in 1977 when I was 5 years old so we knew the film was at least 19 years old. And she had no idea what was on the roll.

So my mom took it in to see if it could still be developed or if it was too old/damaged. And this is what was on the roll of film....my first birthday.

The quality of the photos is obviously horrible because it was so old when it was finally developed but the pictures still brought tears to my eyes.


Me sitting on my Great-Grandma Moeka's lap.
My mom on the left and my grandma on the right





Me with my Mom and Dad


Me and my cousins...I'm the little one.

My Grandpa in the blue shirt...this photo was also on the roll of film but I'm not sure it was from my birthday party.

This is my 1 year photo. On the back was captioned "came down with measles the next day".

15 comments:

jessica @pianomomsicle said...

Oh my gosh: how special for you! What wonderful pictures to have at this point in your life!

Unknown said...

Wow, how precious and special for you to have those pictures after all of this time. Happy WW

Kate said...

That's amazing! I love it when stuff like that happens.

Kelly said...

Tammy the second one down with your hands out and the smirk on your face is sooooooo you!!!!! LOL I have seen that look many times, it made me laugh outloud.

Love ya
kelly

Mama Smurf said...

LMAO! Kelly, I didn't even notice until you pointed it out! OMG! That's my "WTF" look for sure!!!!....I was probably thinking "Can we please speed this up...WTF do I look like a lap doll?"

Kristen said...

That is amazing, especially with you losing your dad at such a young age. What a treasure.

Anonymous said...

Those are so precious. What a treasure to find.

Kellan said...

What a treasure that was that you found that precious roll of film - WOW! Cute pictures too!!

Have a good evening - Kellan

Happy2bme said...

What a great treasure to find. The same thing happened to me a few years back and it was a roll of film I found in an old box of my Mother's. It ended up being pics of Christmas 1985 when I got my first camera. It was so much fun getting them back. Like yours, the quality wasn't great but still the image was there and it brought tears to my eyes looking through the stack. Enjoy!

Heather J. said...

What wonderful memories.
I would have cried,too.

Marni's Organized Mess said...

What a treasure! Wow, that deserves a big fat congrats!! Precious you!

Pfingston said...

I love old time pictures like this, and look at that CAKE! WOW, how cute!
Happy WW!

LittlePaintedPolkaDots said...

Wow! I'm crying (because I am an emotional basket case.) I am so happy for you that you have those photos. The pic of Grandpa is what got me. And Grandma too...I love them both! Again, so happy that you have those pics. What a special surprise! Hugs.

Anonymous said...

What an amazing find! How fun for you.

Jientje said...

Ohhh this is so special, finding this after all these years! And your grandmotherfrom Belgium, is she the one on the right?
This is a treasure you found!