Friday, April 11, 2008

Road trip to regionals....YEAY!

All right my dear bloggy friends, I'm taking a few days off from this wonderful bloggy world to take my boys to their final gymnastics meet of the season! Regionals! Wish them luck! The season is almost officially over! Can I get an "AAAMMMMEEEEENNNNN!"

There are few things in life that bring me greater joy than watching my awesome boys competing in this wonderful sport and watching all their hard work being rewarded....if not with the bling of metals and trophies than with the knowledge that they gave it their best shot. BUT! Every year at this time of year I am ever so grateful to have the season come to an end! All this travelling just inevitably burns my ass out! Even the boys have said that they can't wait till this is over so they can start working on new skills....as the entire 5 months of meet season are completely consumed with mastering and perfecting their current level skills. The post meet season is always a fun and exciting time for them in practice.

So I have a hefty "to-do" list to prepare for our last road trip. I won't be able to read or comment on anyone's blogs for the next few days. I'll be back on Monday to get updated. I'll miss you! I think I'll go through blog withdrawal....I already feel a headache coming on....uh-oh...and here come the hives...and geez my ass is tingling....oh wait...that's probably just the blood circulation returning......Yeah, this blog hiatus is probably a good thing.....

One last Smurfette conversation before I go:

Smurfette: "Mommy I changed my mind...when I grow up I don't want to be Hannah Montana anymore...when I grow up I want to be God. I'll make my own world where cats can drive cars and kids can fly like birds."

Me: "Way to shoot for stars baby!"

I figured she'd learn eventually that God's position is already taken with little to no chance of early retirement...so why crush her dreams now!

BTW - Slept a little better last night...that second glass of wine went a long way. God Bless Two Buck Chuck!

14 comments:

Kristen said...

That is awesome. I LOVE watching gymnastics. They must be really good.

Heather J. said...

I totally understand loving the end of the season for any and all sports....Like my sons baseball season...which never friggin' ends. There's the regular season, then Allstars...oh and wait......here comes fall ball,what about travel ball and that leads up right into the regular season!
I'd like to state for the record, just because I majored in P.E. (yes, I did) doesn't mean I wanted to watch sports, EVERYDAY of my life.
Oh did I mention that while this is all going on, he plays basketball, too.
So do both girls.
oh yeah, and track...that's big at our house too.
Not to mention ESPN is always on some television....
Can I come over for some two buck chuck?.....I'll stop at Trader Joes on my way over!

damon said...

Have a great trip!
And good luck to the boys.

Kate said...

Have a great trip and take pictures! I wanna see! Best of luck to the boys.

BTW, how did they get started in gymnastics? And when did they start? Inquiring minds want to know!

p.s. Glad you slept a bit better.

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Aw, what a cute comment from Jordan.

Have a great trip!

Marni's Organized Mess said...

That is hilarious!! :)
Congrats on the taking a few days off and then being done. :) Yeah!!

Piecake said...

Good luck and AMEN!

Dana said...

Hope you have a great trip!! Have fun!

Love your blog BTW!!!

Anonymous said...

"God bless Two Buck Chuck"

Now I know why I love you.

Have a great trip. Can't wait till your back.

Kellan said...

Good luck to your boys at Regionals!!!! Hope they do well.

Have a good time and see you soon - Kellan

OHmommy said...

Good luck.

I just started my son in Gymnastics and he loves it. I love that he loves it.

I love that your boys love it. :)

Blog said...

Wow! Kids flying like birds and cats driving cars -- that's MY kind of world! I LOVE her! :)

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Alright - I already commented but I'm tagging you for the "7 random things" meme.

http://mommyalwayswins.blogspot.com/2008/04/seven-random-things.html

Play along if you wish or have time after the trip!

Anonymous said...

Good luck to your boys!!! I haven't been around either but am tryign to get back in to the swing of things! Can you send some 2 buck chuck my way?