Wednesday, April 30, 2008

All Growed Up...=(

It's Wordless Wednesday again!


Smurfette just loves to get all dolled up and have me take her picture...
she's such a girl....& I LOVE it!

She's growing up fast.

"Mommy, I want my training wheels off. I'm a big girl now. I'm five ya know!"

Mommy's back didn't last long.... so Daddy took over.....


Her first day's attempt did not go well. She kept insisting through the tears and frustration to keep trying....

'at a girl!


She was like the Little Engine that could....

Daddy's back eventually started begging for mercy also.....


And the first day without training wheels ended in disappointment....



Poor baby! We'll keep trying and hopefully get it down before summer.....

Assuming my back holds up.

It's kinda sad to think that this will be my last time teaching a child to ride their bike.


*sigh*




On another note.....I just found out that Bahama Mama over at Cabrelli's at Water's Edge blog has a business selling Dolls and doll clothes....it's called Emily Rose Doll Clothes & Accessories. I believe in Karma! This is the reason that I found Bahama Mama's blog!


I've been walking a tight rope on the verge of nose diving into a sea of American Dolls and Bitty Babies. I mean, I have a five year old girly girl daughter after all.




But I've resisted.




The thought of spending that kind of money on a doll that will inevitably end up buried under a mountain of shoes and toys on the bottom of a closet has kept me firmly planted on that tightrope.




Ready to slip and fall at any moment.




And along comes Bahama Mama with this nifty business of affordable dolls and adorable clothes and furniture and accessories and cute matching outfits for my daughter and OMG I'm teetering...I'm leaning....I'm FALLLLLIIIIINNNNNNNG! I see dolls and clothes and doll clothes and doll furniture and doll jewelry in my my daughter's future

....help.......*grunt*.......me.......*grunt*.....save. me. from. my.self......

11 comments:

jessica @pianomomsicle said...

Aw! She's almost there! You....can...do....it!

You know, i think it's good, that there are things that we must learn that take more than one day. It's so easy to only try to accomplish things that come super easily, but it's the things that take a bit, like riding a bike, or cooking a great cookie, or playing piano, that will have lifetime benefits.

As for AG dolls, God bless 'em, there is no "Malibu American Girl". And they all have decently proportioned bodies. Of course, they are the MOST expensive. But when i have a daughter, i will definitely be jumping on the AG bandwagon. i only wish i still had my Samantha doll to pass down!

Happy WW. Sorry about the novel=)

Kelly said...

Jordyn would love a AG doll. I got Allyson 2 for Christmas. Julie (brand new) and Molly (used I paid 20.00 for and she is perfect). Believe it or not she actually plays with them and wants more clothes. You can buy clothes that fit them at Target also. I did see the website you are talking about before Christmas i think. Very cool, much cheaper. But the quality of the AG doll clothes are really really A plus. Hey you me and Traci need to do breakfast or lunch soon so you can catch me up on what I missed out on in Florida!!!!!
xo
kelly

Anonymous said...

What a great photo record of a determined girl!

Wrt AG dolls, I got one for my daughter when she was only 18 months old - it was all about me ;+) Now that she is almost 4, she wants to play with the doll. I still have to help dress the doll and I'm casting about for more clothes. I can't find any on CraigsList and similar sites. AG dolls are less common in Canada and the homegrown equivalents, Maple Lea dolls and clothing, are just as expensive when buying new. Thanks for the link to Bahama Mama's site.

Kristen said...

She'll get it. It just takes time and a lot of back breaking!

Thanks for the tip on the doll clothes. My mom is an avid doll collector-in a scary-taking over her house way! I'm going to check it out.

Anonymous said...

Allie is learning to ride her bike (with training wheels) and I'm pretty I'm going to have to go the chiropractor before she succeeds! haha. Good luck!

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Your daughter is so cute!! I think I've said that though?

Oh well... good luck with the teaching. Enjoy every minute of it!

Anonymous said...

Hiya! Thanks for the shout out! You also get tons of cool coupons and discounts if you sign up for our mailing list. As for your question. I do a lot of marketing in bloggy world but usually separate from my Bahama blog. You can sign up to win clothes on 5minutesformom as part of their "Two Weeks of Toys" giveaway.

Unknown said...

Awww another few practice times and she will get it!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not even clicking on your link because I don't think I can resist.

BTW, your daughter is adorable. She'll be riding free before you know it. Sniff, sniff

Heather J. said...

Jordyn is so darned cute!

Just give in on the dolls already!!!

Christy said...

I bet your baby girl was so frustrated, but she'll get the hang of it by summer! I just bought Porgie a little bike with peddles, and she has been having some trouble too.