Saturday, April 5, 2008

Googling McBride

I had a wonderful, fun, relaxing evening with 2 friends last night. Scrapbooking for 7 hours straight! No kids! I needed a break! I was due for a break! Hubby is working unGodly hours lately. It was time!

I'm going to a concert. To a Martina McBride concert. I have no idea who Martina McBride is...I have no idea what Martina McBride looks like...and I have no idea what songs Martina McBride sings.


I know she's country.... which is why I don't know her. I'm just not into country...not because I don't like it but because I like other types of music more....top 40, classic rock, raunchy Eminem rap...... I just payed over $60 for a Martina McBride ticket strictly so I could get out of the house for an adult girls evening with some neighbor friends.


I had to do a Google search on her name to find out what she looks like and what she sings...and I only recognized ONE song. Looks like I'll be downloading some McBride music...I don't want to look like a TOTAL fool at the concert.


The last concert I went to was like that too. I went to a Def Leppard Concert with my husband and two other couples. Do I like Def Leppard? Not particularly. I went because I was invited ....and....well..... just to get out without kids....and to give my friend, Kelly, support as she swooned over Joe Elliot....she's about as close to being a groupie as you can get without actually being a groupie. I'd really like to go to a concert of someone I REALLY enjoy listening to. K...that's my goal...before the end of this year I'm going to buy tickets for a group I like!

Changing the subject....


Was chit chatting with Smurfette in the bathroom yesterday morning and she points out a huge dried up glop of toothpaste on the counter...

Smurfette: "Mom, you know there are little tiny people that live on toothpaste"
Me: "oh yeah? Like in Horton's world?"
Smurfette: "yep...and all these little bumps in the toothpaste?...well, those are the mountains"

See how filthy nastiness can foster imagination?

Marni and anyone else interested: Directions for slashing words...type the following...

word you want to slash

K, obviously that didn't work....Plan C: type the following but DO NOT put spaces between the characters...I'm only putting spaces because otherwise it'll just slash what I'm typing...guess I coulda probably done that on the comments..I'm just not very quick at 8:30 in the morning!
<> word you want to slash < / S >

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could go for a concert too...let's do it ;) I've heard that Martina McBride shows are pretty good, and though I'm not really a country fan...she's not that bad. But Def Leppord?!? How can you not be a fan??? They rock. But Joe Elliot is not hot. Sorry, pseudo-groupie friend.

I'm so glad to find a fellow Mario-hater. I don't know why he keeps showing up. Maybe we can find other haters out there and do something about it.

Kate said...

I LOVE Martina McBride. She's got the most amazing voice. I'm so jealous you're going to her concert! I went to one a few years back at a local vineyard and it was awesome, but then again, I'm a big fan of her's. She's gotten more mainstream so you probably won't be surrounded by pickup-drivin' cowboys. Have a great time!

And thanks for the info on how to slash thru words.

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Thanks doll!! :)

I'm not a big country lover, ok, I guess I might have been to some back in the day, but Martina is AWESOME.

Have a blast! I so feel you on going to get out though. I tend to do that too. :) I hate concerts and yet I continually go with my DH.

Karen MEG said...

I'm also not a country fan, but I've seen Martina McBride perform a couple of times on talk shows and she's got a really amazing voice... for country.

I think that's very cute and open-minded that you'll go to a concert to be with friends, and just to get out!! Good for you, to make the best out of every opportunity!

Heather J. said...

I think you'll have a great time at the concert...I love her..and anything sounds good after a few glasses of wine!
The toothpaste thing...is too cute. Isn't it nice to know our lack of cleaning facilitates our children's imaginations.

LittlePaintedPolkaDots said...

I am bowing to you at the moment. Thanks for the slash tip. I really could have used that in my lengthy rant the other day. Love ya!