Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Gotcha

=)

I got him good!

I'm not usually an April Fools trickster. I'm just not imaginative enough to come up with a good "gotcha". But a perfectly good "gotcha" fell right in my lap yesterday.

I had my annual visit to the girly doc 2 weeks ago. I expressed a couple concerns to him in my hypochondriac way and he suggested that we do an ultrasound to put my mind at ease. No I'm not pregnant. No I didn't think I was pregnant. They were other concerns entirely. So the ultrasound appointment was yesterday. Everything was fine of course. I feel better. Although, I did find out that I have a fibroid already...what's THAT all about...I'm only 35 for cry'n out loud....

So here's my thought process on the way home from the office...

I should call hubby and tell him the ultrasound showed that everything was fine. Wait. Today is April fools. OOOHHHHHH that would be cruel. But oh so funny. No I shouldn't do that. He could have a heart attack and that would leave me single...with 3 kids. But seeing the look on his face may just be worth it. I'll call him...no I'll text message him and leave him wondering....and better yet, I think he's in a meeting right now....OOOHHHHH that'll be good! He'll get the TM and turn all white and stammering as he's trying to be the cool, collected, confident, executive that he is....hehe.

So I texted him...."i'm pregnant"....my heart was pounding in anticipation. What's he doing? Is he messing his pants at this exact moment....right in front of a room full of people? No response. Shit, he probably looked at the calendar and thought "ha-ha"...he knows. Darn. That coulda been a perfectly good "gotcha".

2 Hours later he calls....."WWWHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!" Turns out he didn't read my message until after the meeting. Bummer! I tried like hell to keep it going but I can't lie with a straight face voice. I couldn't stop giggling at my cleverness...so instead I said "Honey, what day is it?.....April fools".

He responded with a sigh of relief and a hearty "OHHHHHHH....YOUUUUUUUUUUU SSUUUUCK" He told me his heart just stopped when he read the message and kept thinking...."no...that can't be...no...they must be wrong"....hehe. For those who don't know hubby got snipped 5 years ago.

That was fun!

I'm editing my post to add the following pictures for "Wordless Wednesday"...and to think that I was feeling a little bad for my cruel joke yesterday....

See this....

Oh I'm sorry...can't tell what it is?....here, lets get a little closer.....

closer?

Yeah!! That would be my husband's FIN.GER.NAIL.CLIP.PINGs left ever so neatly on my KIT.CHEN. TA.BLE!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

OHmommy said...

You tease...

LOL.

Kristen said...

You are awesome! I wanted to try that one too, but since my hubby had the big V not too long ago, I thought it would REALLY freak him out. We just don't need that right now!

Anonymous said...

Very funny! Wouldn't you have liked to have seen his face!

Marni's Organized Mess said...

How awesome is that!! LOve the pics and LOVE your writing! :) I think you just won a place on my blogroll! :)

Anonymous said...

Ha! You, cruel woman. No wonder I like you.

As for the finger clippings, I have found toe clippings on the toilet seat! Blaaaah

Anonymous said...

HA! That was so great.. the whole story. You did good!

I can never come up with anything good for April Fools.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

~ Amy @ Memoirs of a Mommy

jessica @pianomomsicle said...

That was cruel! But i think the clippings were just as horrendous:)
Thanks for commenting on my blog! Yours is cute and fun and i like it.

Heather J. said...

I husband would have had a heart attack.
Then he would have been pissed, cause he had a vasectomy two years ago...then he would have beat up the UPS man.

Anonymous said...

See? I can never pull one of these because hubby knows that the only way he'd ever hear the words "I'm pregnant" are from my mouth soaring off a cliff somewhere... Good one!

In regards to the nail clippings...ew. My mom and I discovered my dad's toenails (tho he never owned up, but no one else's toes were that disgustingly giant) in her lingerie stand drawer and we haven't stopped lauging (and throwing up in our mouths) since. Ew ew EWWWW...

Rebecca said...

HOOT!!! I especially like the text-message part. Much easier to be convincing if he can't hear you giggling!

Fingernail clippings? Thank God that they were human fingernails! Could've been MUCH worse!!!