Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tackle it Tuesday

Tackle It Tuesday Meme


I've seen in recent weeks bloggers doing purse posts. I've been meaning to get around to cleaning out my purse so I'm killing 2 birds with 1 stone. Today's Tackle is my purse...AKA...the black hole. Here it is...my FAVorite purse in the whole wide world....






And I'll bet you'd like to take a peak inside the black hole....




What was found in the black hole? A pile of lots and lots of receipts...(I like to shop)...


A pile of coupons (most of them expired)...




A pile of miscellaneous garbage....




The 10 lbs of change at the bottom of my purse....




Remember the Mega Millions ticket that I hadn't checked yet...I JUST checked the numbers this morning....I didn't win...but at least I was able to prolong the suspense and delay the disappointment for a few weeks...



My 2 "must haves"...my Palm organizer and my Tide to Go pen....AKA: the miracle pen


(EVERY mother should carry one)....






lip glosses, VS body spray, eye drops...




mints, gum, candy...


I really need a bigger purse!



My darling daughter says to me last night: "Mommy, I have a big surprise for you but you can't come in my room until I'm done" (Said in 5 y/o sing songy voice)

Me: "OOOO....I love surprises....I won't look. Just tell me when you're ready"

DD...10 minutes later: "K, mommy, I'm done. Close your eyes." She guides me to her room while my eyes are closed. "K, open 'em"

And this is what I found....




Spotless...all her dirty clothes in the laundry room, bed is made...and made nicely, the baby's crib that is usually over flowing with miscellaneous toys, books, and garbage is completely emptied out and dressers are clear of all clutter.

Me: "WOW! Smurfette, you did a fanTAStic job and I didn't even have to ask! Where did you put all the stuff that was in the crib and on the dressers?"

Smurfette: "On the table in the great room"....






LMAO! She's such a sweetheart!

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Great tackle. Reminds me I need to do my own. Happy Tackle day :)

palmtreefanatic said...

WOW! What an adorable room! She did an amazing job!!! Train them while they are young;)

Hey that is alot of stuff crammed in that purse! How much nicer it must be now!

Jenny said...

Oh how funny! You're daughter sounds sweet. And her room is adorable!!

You're purse looks a lot like mine, maybe that will be my next tackle!

Thanks for sharing!

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

You know, I need to make "Buy a new purse" into a tackle. I've had this one for like THREE YEARS and I keep saying I need a new one. That one's super cute!

Way to go on the tackle! Mine's up...

Kristen said...

My purse needs a major overhaul too.

What a great little girls room-adorable!

Anonymous said...

Love your little girl's room - it's so girly! Her cleaning job looks like my daughter's and she's 10 - so you have least 5 more years of cleaning of fthe table in the great room :-)

Anonymous said...

Great tackle! I need to clean out my purse(s) BADLY!

Karen said...

I love your purse. Very pretty. How sweet of your daughter.

Niki Jolene said...

Great tackle!

:)

Laura said...

What a darling room your daughter has!

Kate said...

Holy hell! All that stuff was in your purse?! How did you manage to lift it? :) I bet it looks great now.

And a big hurray for Jordyn! Excellent job cleaning her room!

Kelly @ Growing.Learning.Playing. said...

LOL!! That story is so funny. Reminds me of something one of my daughters would do. Great tackle, by the way. I need to go clear out my own purse.

Marni's Organized Mess said...

That is so awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

too cute about your daughter! that happens to me too!
the black hole.. i need to fix mine thinking of that!

Dana said...

I love that room - it is tooo cute...

And don't worry, my purse always looks like that - and I try and clean it out every week!!

Mandy said...

Just found your blog recently and I am enjoying the read. I have to say, I've seen that purse "reveal" on several blogs too and I was thinking, I could never ever show my purse contents or people would think I was a bag lady. I have to say, you purse flashers are a brave, brave group!

Anonymous said...

Great tackle on the purse and your daughter's room! Your purse must be much lighter now. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! If I didn't just buy a new purse and clean it out when I switched, I'd do this next week! LOL. Wow you got a lot of stuff in that purse. LOL. So, didja count the change up? How much did you have? Hehe.

Too funny about your DD. At least she tried. ;-)

Jientje said...

Love your purse, and it looks even better now!
My coupons always expire too, no matter what I do!
That room is spotless, now all you have to do is clear that table and you're done! hhehehe!
Well done, and thx for commenting on my patio tackle!

just jamie said...

What a cute room your daughter has. We're just learning how to make our beds around here ... good effort, not so good results. Looks like 5 is a magic number.

The Apron Queen said...

Too funny! I always have to check in my kids' closets & under the beds. They like to shove all the mess where it just can't be seen! :D

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen, the home of Vintage Thingies Thursdays.

Jen said...

love the purse post! Looks very much like the inside of mine...can't live without the Tide to go pen...guess I really am ready to be a mom!

Anonymous said...

Oh!!!! How Precious of your daughter! I only only my 3 year old will learn to be that sweet! She did a wonderful job! And so did you with your black hole! :o)

Be sure to stop by my blog for the new button codes and a giveaway :o)

Hopefully we'll see you next week.

Karen said...

Who named it "purse" and not "black hole" to begin with? They are such magnets for "stuff."

And your dd is AMAZING!!! What a great job!

Piecake said...

I never would have guessed that all that stuff came out of that purse. It's amazing what we can carry!

Her room is adorable and spotless. You've taught her well.

I just read the entire lecture that you linked to on April 10th. It was really inspiring. Thanks for the link.

Happy2bme said...

Funny about the purse. I just posted a post about my purse a little over a week ago too. I didn't have my camera with me but I typed it all out. Mine pretty much looked like a toy box when I opened it. Its amazing what we carry around with kids.

Heather J. said...

Holy Shit, Tammy.
Could you fit another thing in that purse?

The room........too cute!

Leslie said...

Who? Nosey? Me? YYEESS!! I love these too!!! Love your carly purse. I had a carly for a brief moment in time until I took it back. Why you ask? I have no freakin' clue. Then I bought another one, different style. Braided flap purse, but then took that one back. The flap is a PIA! So then I got the one in the picture. lol! OK, girl, before I cleaned out my purse to look so nice to be the one that you saw in my post, I think ours could have been one and the same. I had a MASS of receipts just like yours, and I think I even had some of the same coupons, expired, and some not. lol! You crack me up! Your daughter's room is adorable! Thanks for sharing this older post with me! loved it.