I've been tagged by Colleen at Mommy Always Wins to write a list of seven random things about me. The fact that I just posted my 100 random things about me post isn't gonna stop this dork from coming up with another 7!
The Rules:1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share seven facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. So here it goes....
1) I was once hit on by Barry Sanders while I was in college (he was taking courses at the same college). I was working at Wendy's...I was working my magic on the salad bar and must have been looking particularly hot in my grease smeared apron...and smelling lovely of french fried pheromones. I had no clue who he was and kinda blew him off...I was working and my district manager was paying us a lovely visit...and quite frankly, Barry Sanders isn't the most attractive man in the world. The other guys that I worked with were spying on our conversation from behind the walls and when Barry Sanders left they all jumped down my throat to tell me who I was talking to. OOPS!
2) I'm not a big football fan. Obviously.
3) I worked at Wendy's for 6.....looooooong.........years........starting when I was 15 years old....before I finally got a job in a hospital during my 3rd year of college.
4) I still think they have the best chicken sandwiches and I still always order the same thing when we go there...... Chicken club with cheese, bacon, mayonnaise and mustard.... YUMMMMMMMMMMM.
5) I went to the tanning booth last week so I could get a base tan before going on my girls' weekend trip to Florida so I wont burn my first day there....I'm look'n a little pasty these days.....I ended up getting fried from the tanning booth. Totally defeated the purpose.
6) I graduated from college with a 3.4 GPA....it would have been a 3.7 if I could have eliminated my 1st year of classes from my GPA average. I liked to party. I had to get it out of my system.
7) I'm such a dork...My original post only had 6 things listed...apparently I can't count either...so, #7....hmmm....I used to wear a size 7 shoe but since having kids I now have a size 7 1/2 right foot and size 8 left foot (most of the tme...depends on the shoe).
K...that's that....Tag...you're it....
Amanda from Things That Make Me Go HMMMMMM
Kate from Life As I Live It
Heather from The Jerka Family
(Sorry I don't know your name) at Domestic Accident
Marni at Marni's Organized Mess
(Sorry I don't know your name) at Backpacking Dad
(Sorry I don't know your name) at Cabrelli's at Water's Edge
Now a brief update on this past weekend. The boys participated in the regionals meet held in Columbus, OH. It was by far the WORST and most poorly run meet we've ever attended. Bad....really bad....painful even.
Friday...we arrived at the hotel around 8:30pm and went almost immediately to bed. First of all, I think our days of cramming all 5 of us in 1 room are over. I think we'll be getting adjoining rooms from now on. Dreamy Smurf was coming down with a cold and when Dreamy has a cold no one sleeps. He has a compulsive sniffling problem that's enough to drive any sane mama Smurf crazy. None of us slept well.
Saturday....we checked in at 8am. Competition started at 9. Hefty Smurf hit 4 of his 6 events but had 2 major falls on Pommel and P Bars which pretty much ruined his chances for placing in the all-around. We found out after the meet that he actually placed 25th (out of 34) in the region...5 states. I was proud of the way he handled it. He's matured a lot in the last year. Once upon a time he would have cried and sulked over those missed routines but he held his head high this time. He's just happy it's over now. The meet ran 2 hours late BTW.
Sunday. Poor Dreamy Smurf. He was so sick. He didn't sleep. Couldn't breathe. Throat hurt. Sounded awful. He was the afternoon session and check in was at 1pm....the meet didn't start until 3:30....logistics problems we were told. The parents were on the verge of starting a riot in the stands...chanting and stomping their feet and screaming "WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK". THEN, they (the powers that be) decided they wanted to try to make the meet go quicker by making 2 floor exercise areas...so that 2 kids could compete on the floor at the same time. They did this by taking the regular floor area and making two long strips. So instead of doing their floor routines on an entire floor, like they had always done, they now had to do the routine an a very long and narrow (MAYBE 4 feet wide) runway. You don't have to be a gymnastics expert to see how that would screw these poor kids up. It was awful. He did NOT have a good meet. He ended up with his lowest all-around score of the season. He just wasn't on his game. At one point the coach said he was feeling so awful that he wasn't sure he would be able to finish. It was ugly. We skipped the awards all together because it was running so behind that if we had stayed we wouldn't have gotten home until well after midnight and poor Papa smurf had a 6am flight to Mexico this morning. He left our house at 3:30 this morning. We still don't know how Dreamy Smurf placed. I'm just happy he was able to complete it and now it's over. Hallelujah!