Monday, March 3, 2008

The itch is back...

We had a fabulously boring weekend over here. We don't get many of these in the winter with the competition season in full swing....so we enjoy them when they come. Saturday, I got a work out in...I'm getting into a routine of 30-40 minutes of cardio and 45 minutes of resistance training. Smurfette had a birthday party to go to...one of her friends from school. Sleeping Beauty visited the party...and "it was the REAL sleeping beauty"! LOL! & the boys had a friend from gymnastics spend the night.

Sunday I did a little cleaning, a little laundry, and a little scrapbooking...first time I've touched my stuff since the weekend scrapping slumber party like 6 weeks ago. Papa Smurf took the boys bowling and my SIL picked Smurfette up to take her with them to the Palace for the High School Musical on ice. So I had a couple hours to myself.

Papa smurf & I had decided to wait another year or so before trying to move to see if the economy picks up a bit...we're worried about trying to sell our house among other things. BUT...every now and then I get the itch. So I went on line Saturday night to check and see if a house we fell in love with last summer was still for sale...it's a model home in a perfect location and just beautiful...but they were asking a ridiculous price for it and we just couldn't do it. So I was very excited to find what I think is the same house...not only is it still for sale (if it's the same house) but the price has dropped by $150,000. So yesterday while Papa Smurf was at the bowling alley and Smurfette with my SIL I called my mom to see if she wanted to drive over there with me to take a look at this house....I was dieing to see if it was the same house. I picked her up and drove up there to read the sign that said "closed till 3/13"....UGH! Maybe it's a sign. It wasn't meant to be. To be honest, I was kinda hoping I'd drive out there and find out it wasn't the same house...one that I wouldn't like as much....that way I could get this itch out of my system without being disappointed. But I'm still not sure if it's the same house....there are 3 of them next to each other that look very similar...I just can't tell. I can't stop thinking about it. The house is still over priced. After looking at other listings on line with the same square footage...same location....same home features...some with MORE features...that were asking another $50,000 less than this guy. The trouble will be convincing Papa Smurf. He still wants to wait another year. OMG. He's killing me.

No comments: