Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

I'm out of control...I know....I admit it...the first step to recovery is admitting the problem...Hello, my name is Mama Smurf and I am a blogoholic!


I've seen some cool blogs listing "Thursday Thirteen", I have no idea where this originated from but I thought "hey, cool idea, I'll come up with a Thursday Thirteen post. I originally was thinking maybe "thirteen reasons I miss my hubby"...like "I REALLY don't want to take the trash out to the curb tonight".....but started listing the reasons and could only come up with 5 that weren't x-rated...reasons 6 - 13 were not suitable for an audience.

Then I thought....how about Thirteen tasks to complete for next weeks' "Tackle it Tuesday"....but as I started listing the tasks I realized that I was being a little over ambitious and completely unrealistic as we are going out of town again Sunday for another gymnastics meet. That left me with only 3 days to complete these tasks....it's just not gonna happen.

So here's my list....Thirteen things I COULD get done if I could get my ass away from my computer....



1) I could clean my kitchen window treatments....the dust bunnys are choking on the cob-webs....


2) I could Clean out my 2 master bathroom junk drawers


3) I could figure out how to use my DVDirect (I've only had the darn thing for 3 months now and still haven't opened the box)


4) I could then transfer the videos on my camcorder to DVD


5) I could back-up/save all my picture files from my computer....I have 4 years worth of pictures on my computer and live in fear every day that my computer will crash and take with it all my beloved photos...


6) I could clean out our Kitchen Pantry


7) I could declutter my clothes in my closet


8) I could declutter my clothes in my drawers


9) I could make a run to Goodwill to get rid of my decluttered clothes


10) I could declutter Jordyn's clothes and shoes


11) I could give Jordyn's pile of decluttered clothes and shoes to my cousin for her daughter


12) I could pick up the frozen dog shit from the back patio...eeewwwwwww......


13) I could make an appointment to get my hair colored and cut....the greys are BACK!

I'm editing this blog to say that I found out where the Thursday Thirteen originated from. Here's the Link.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay how cool we are on your blog roll. I am honored! I love your "I could" list - I think I have discovered a new procrastination technique. I am going to make a "13 business tasks I could be doing if I weren't procrastinating" list. Thanks for that! You are right about perspective - which is why I won't do it again :-)

Melanie said...

TT is so fun and a bit addicting. Glad you've joined! Great list.

Our Happy Happenings
Livin' With Me

Blog said...

Oh, the things we could get done if we got off the dang computer.......... And, then imagine what we could get done if we turned the TV off,too! ;)