Monday, March 17, 2008

I write the rest of this post at the risk of sounding like I'm trying to be all profound and shit...I'm not...I assure you...profound that is....

But I am Passionate about finding the answers to questions that interest me. And lately that question is...what happens to us women after 10-15 years of marriage and being in our mid-thirties that makes us start thinking unhappy thoughts. I don't think it's coincidence that myself and my 2 closest friends all went through this same cycle. We've all been married about 13 years...we're all in our mid thirties....what happens to us. Hubby & I started it a couple years ago...we went through a rough patch and I went through my self-proclaimed mid life crisis. We got through it and then another friend went through it...they got over it and now ANOTHER friend is going through it! WHY!

So I've been doing alot of reading. The Secret, Eat Pray Love, A New Earth, The Passionate Marriage....I could go on but I'll spare you. A New Earth was just too difficult to read...I understand the message...I think...and it's a great message...but I think I'll have to try to re-read the book at a later date. So yesterday I went to the bookstore to find a book that's a little lighter than A New Earth but with similar content. I found Happiness Now...and Oprah's name is even on it...so I HAD to buy it. I'm LOVING this book. I'm having one "ah-ha" moment after another. I'm even reading it Oprah style with my highlighter....I'm sick, I know.

No comments: