Friday, March 21, 2008

I'm a Master of Disguise....

Had a busy day yesterday...

Spent the day with Hefty Smurf and his class chaperoning at the Detroit Science Center. I really enjoy that place....I'm a dork that way. They really do a great job there. That was my 3rd visit in the past year!

Came home for 30 minutes and then me and the boys went to pick Smurfette up from her school so we could make our appointment to get their (the boys') hair cut. And wasn't THAT fun! My kids see that place and immediately turn from well behaved & well mannered children into circus monkeys. Spinning on chairs, knocking over hair dryers, rearranging furniture to better suit their needs for viewing the television...it's an embarrassment ev.ery.time. And then there's the ensuing arguments with my kids over their hair styles...."no you can't get a mohawk"..."no you're not growing your hair long"...."why, it's MY HAIR isn't it?"..."I'm NEVER getting my hair cut this short again!" O....M.....G.....So at first I tried being all diplomatic...."you look so much more handsome with your hair like that"...."you look so much more mature with you hair like that"...."you look so much older with your hair like that"....which is all true of course (I don't care WHAT you say Kelly!)....but my kids weren't buying it. So....I had to resort to the awfulness that I once swore I would never resort to.....the...."because I said so ...and as long as you're living under my roof" speech. ugh! Seriously though....I know I'm sounding like an out of touch mother when I say this....but HOW can anyone think that this long hair, can't see a thing cause my hair is hanging down to my chin, can't hear a thing cause my ears are covered with the hair that's down to my shoulders look is attractive??? I ask you!! Help me see the light! I should've taken before and after pictures and taken a vote. But then I lay in bed at night and WAY over think the whole situation. Am I a horrible mother for not wanting my sons to look like disheveled hoodlums. Does this make me an over controlling mother? Do I need to light'n up? NO....NO.....NO!!!!

Anyway...on with my day....came home with the kids and as soon as my husband walked in from work I was on my way to the doctor's office. Now, my Ob-Gyn is as nice as a doc can be and a good doc by any one's standards....BUT....dude....don't make small talk chit chat with me....I don't wanna be friends....do your business....get your instruments out of my business so I can get my legs down from these cold, steely, uncomfortable stirrups and regain a little dignity. It was awful I tell you. Laying there with my feet in the air exposed and cold while he tries to carry on a dignified conversation about how his wife is a nurse too and decided to stay at home just like me with the initial intention of going back to work just like me but is now enjoying staying at home just like me "and I told her....look....our youngest is in 3rd grade....I just want you to pay ONE bill....just ONE....I don't care if it's electric bill or even just the newspaper bill....but she won't ....won't go back....I asked her....what are you going to do then.....BLAH BLAH BLAH". I was flat on my back with my feet in the air....had a smile on my face and gave an occasional nod and "uh-huh"...but the only thing running through my head during all this ranting was ....(making talking gestures with hand) "this is what your doing.....(closing hand) this is what I WANT you to do"....

Left there an hour later and headed straight to my friend's Pure Romance party. Had a little too much to drink at the party ....mainly to help me forget about the loss of dignity from the previous hour....and came home late last night a little tipsy and with all kinds of goodies!!

5 comments:

Heather J. said...

Funny how the story ends at......came home with all kinds of goodies?
Hmmmmm, does it eally end there?
Okay, okay....I really don't want to know.
I was just saying.

xxxx said...

Ha ha ha ... ohhhh, what a day. HA!

Blog said...

I HATE it when the obgyn's make small talk when their doing the "business". You SO know they're just trying to distract you. Brutal! ;)

I wanna come home tipsy again! Been so long....!

Anonymous said...

Field trips---now THAT's fun! You had quite a day!

Piecake said...

At least the day ended on a high note!

Thanks for stopping my blog and commenting on the Euthanasia post. I was actually wondering what people in the medical field thought of it (not that your opinion is the same as every nurse, but still interesting!).