Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tackle it Tuesday

Tackle It Tuesday Meme


I had high hopes of washing all my carpets for this week's Tackle it Tuesday but I had to keep my daughter home from school today so that's not happening.

Which is fine because now I have a much more exciting and fun project to tackle.

My daughter wants to be a fairy for Halloween. I've been looking for cute fairy costumes but I just can't stand the store bought selections. Cheesy!

So for this weeks tackle I plan to turn all of this......



Into a fairy costume.

Just call me Martha.....

and wish me luck!


I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!

I returned home from Joann Fabrics with the products pictured above at 1pm. It is now 2:55 and I'm ALREADY DONE!!! My daughter is tickled pink with the results and this was the easiest costume I've ever made. I did not have to stitch a single thing! I still have to trim the bottom as it's a little too long but all in all I'm very pleased!


19 comments:

Frugal Finds said...

I can not wait to see the results!!

OHmommy said...

Wow, good luck.

I was just on ebay looking up costumes and could not believe that people are willing to pay upwards of $100 for a fairy costume.

Kelly said...

Very cute! You are too handy! I would NEVER even try to do that.

Kori said...

That is so sweet! I think I might rummage around the closet and find Sam's old dino costume for OWen this year. And Sam wants to be Napolean Dynamite but the costume cost $30 so that's out!

Rozzbin said...

Darling!!!! I love it.

Robyn said...

Ohhhh Love it! Great job! How much was all that and you will have to post or email me how you did it with no sewing!

Robyn
byn_byn_byn AT Yahoo DOT com

Marni's Organized Mess said...

OMG. I am so super impressed.

Carol said...

I can't believe you got it done so flaming quick.

She looks adorable!!

HDMac said...

Oh my word! Beautiful and she is a fairy princess! Gorgeous! Great job!!

Leslie said...

OMG, that is absolutely adorable! I love it! Great job. :)

Happy2bme said...

Great job!!

Anonymous said...

I am VERY impressed, it is gorgeous!

Nicolas v.f. said...

lovely:)

Frugal Finds said...

Oh how cute!!!! and frugal!!!

Tracey said...

ADORABLE!!! GREAT JOB!!

Anonymous said...

It's awesome! Home made costumes are always the best. My Mum makes Em's every year.

LittlePaintedPolkaDots said...

Love it! Great job Tammy! (Send all your non-crafty friends my way for some tutus though*giggle*)

April said...

Wow. Just wow!

Unknown said...

That is AWESOME! I'm not letting Princess see this . . . she'll want to be this, and after our costume shopping saga, she's going to be a pink unicorn, damn it!

http://www.commonmom.com