Saturday, September 6, 2008

Bloggy funk updates

I'm in a serious blog funk. I just can't be bothered lately. With posting that is. I still love and enjoy reading everyone else's blogs but taking the time out of my day to create a post of my own? Yeah, not so much. My new found independence is getting in the way. With no kids around there's so much more I'd rather be doing. Sitting at the computer all day seems like a shameful waste of alone time.



So, here's some updates.



1. No news on Italy. I'm kinda thinking it isn't gonna happen. Papa Smurf hasn't pursued a conversation with his boss because he was busy all week playing catch up at work since our vacation. He says that he'll approach it by asking if an overseas assignment will help him advance in his career. If the answer is "no" then he won't pursue it. If the answer is "yes" then he'll take the Italy opportunity more seriously. My Italian language classes start this Monday and I'm SO geeked! We now have a group of 5 family members in on this class. It kind of snow balled.



2.Papa Smurf and I are now considering moving. Which is really kinda silly in this housing market. We went looking at houses last weekend for shits and giggles and now have the moving bug. We found our dream house.....for a mere 1.7 million dollars....*gasp*....just a smidge out of our price range. I think we've decided to spend the next year preparing our house to put on the market...sort of a "design to sell" period of time....with small upgrades and renovations. We'll see what happens. That's assuming this Italy thing doesn't happen, which, like I said, seems like a pipe dream at this point.



3. I finally made it to the Doc's yesterday. Remember this post? That was....like....a month ago. And, yeah, I'm still sick....as is hubby. Papa Smurf hit our neighbor (a doctor) up a few days ago for a prescription and I finally caved in and made a trip to my doctor. Turns out I have a sinus infection and bronchitis. Who knew?



4. I'm suppose to run 20 miles tomorrow.....TWENTY MILES......to.mor.row! Did I mention I have bronchitis? Yeah. Training for this marathon has been a HUGE problem lately. Totally struggling with getting in the miles.



5. First week of school has gone great. Smurflings are back into a routine....as am I. I like routine. Routine is good. I find I'm much more productive when I have a schedule. And no kids to clean up after. Or feed. Or referee. My first week of independence was spent on a home improvement project. Still have a few finishing touches to complete but should have photos and a post ready sometime early next week. I'm hoping to have it done for my first "Tackle it Tuesday" project in almost 3 months....I'm long overdue for a good tackle.



6. Oh yeah! And K, one of my favorite people IRL, has recently had a beautiful baby boy. She delivered 2 days before we left for our vacation...they were SUPPOSE to go on the trip with us until she went and got knocked up!....the nerve....=). And so....between that vacation and now being sick I have YET to meet their newest addition. You MUST go on over and check out the gorgeous photo shoot proofs she has posted. Amazing. And I get to hold that little bundle tomorrow! I can't wait to meet him!

And that's all for now.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey chica, I've missed you. Glad you are back and into the swing of things. Enjoy your new time but please don't go far. We love you out here in Bloggyland.

Kate said...

I totally hear ya on being in the blogging funk. I still read everything but posting seems to be more work. I think it'll get better now that Sam is back in school - we were just too busy having fun over the summer!

Glad you got some meds to hopefully get you on the road to recovery. Good luck on the run but don't feel guilty if you don't do the whole thing or even have to postpone it. No sense in making yourself sicker by doing it if you feel like crud.

Can't wait to see your home improvement pictures!

Kellan said...

Buying a new house sounds so exciting. I've been a bit of a blogging funk too - enjoying my time since the kids have been in school too - so much to do - still so little time.

Have a good weekend -Kellan

Maude Lynn said...

Twenty miles with bronchitis? You have got to be kidding me!

Anonymous said...

Although Italy may no longer be a reality, moving sounds very exciting! Would you be staying the same town?

Brooke said...

Good luck on the 20 miles! With bronchitis! I will think of you as I sit on my ass and watch tv. :) Get better soon! when is your marathon anyway? Must be soon if your up to 20

Christy said...

Sometimes I get in a blog funk too. I usually force myself to write something anyways, because I feel obligated to. Isn't that strange?

April said...

I hope you feel better soon!

xxxx said...

20 miles!! Are you insane? I mean that in the best way :)

Suzie said...

Glad to have an update. I hope the Italy thing comes through or you win lotto to get your dream hme. If you win can I have some too some more space would be great.

Kori said...

hope you start feeling better, I couldnt run 20 feet, sick or not, so you are still WAY ahead of the game!

Dana said...

i felt like this lately.. I've been in a blog rut too!!