I'm in a serious blog funk. I just can't be bothered lately. With posting that is. I still love and enjoy reading everyone else's blogs but taking the time out of my day to create a post of my own? Yeah, not so much. My new found independence is getting in the way. With no kids around there's so much more I'd rather be doing. Sitting at the computer all day seems like a shameful waste of alone time.
So, here's some updates.
1. No news on Italy. I'm kinda thinking it isn't gonna happen. Papa Smurf hasn't pursued a conversation with his boss because he was busy all week playing catch up at work since our vacation. He says that he'll approach it by asking if an overseas assignment will help him advance in his career. If the answer is "no" then he won't pursue it. If the answer is "yes" then he'll take the Italy opportunity more seriously. My Italian language classes start this Monday and I'm SO geeked! We now have a group of 5 family members in on this class. It kind of snow balled.
2.Papa Smurf and I are now considering moving. Which is really kinda silly in this housing market. We went looking at houses last weekend for shits and giggles and now have the moving bug. We found our dream house.....for a mere 1.7 million dollars....*gasp*....just a smidge out of our price range. I think we've decided to spend the next year preparing our house to put on the market...sort of a "design to sell" period of time....with small upgrades and renovations. We'll see what happens. That's assuming this Italy thing doesn't happen, which, like I said, seems like a pipe dream at this point.
3. I finally made it to the Doc's yesterday. Remember this post? That was....like....a month ago. And, yeah, I'm still sick....as is hubby. Papa Smurf hit our neighbor (a doctor) up a few days ago for a prescription and I finally caved in and made a trip to my doctor. Turns out I have a sinus infection and bronchitis. Who knew?
4. I'm suppose to run 20 miles tomorrow.....TWENTY MILES......to.mor.row! Did I mention I have bronchitis? Yeah. Training for this marathon has been a HUGE problem lately. Totally struggling with getting in the miles.
5. First week of school has gone great. Smurflings are back into a routine....as am I. I like routine. Routine is good. I find I'm much more productive when I have a schedule. And no kids to clean up after. Or feed. Or referee. My first week of independence was spent on a home improvement project. Still have a few finishing touches to complete but should have photos and a post ready sometime early next week. I'm hoping to have it done for my first "Tackle it Tuesday" project in almost 3 months....I'm long overdue for a good tackle.
6. Oh yeah! And K, one of my favorite people IRL, has recently had a beautiful baby boy. She delivered 2 days before we left for our vacation...they were SUPPOSE to go on the trip with us until she went and got knocked up!....the nerve....=). And so....between that vacation and now being sick I have YET to meet their newest addition. You MUST go on over and check out the gorgeous photo shoot proofs she has posted. Amazing. And I get to hold that little bundle tomorrow! I can't wait to meet him!
And that's all for now.