Friday, September 19, 2008

Dear Senator Biden,

You lost my vote at "patriotic duty."

You say it's time to “take money and put it back in the pocket of middle-class people," I say....ummm.....our family's money doesn't BELONG in anyone else's pockets but our own. My husband works his ass off and earns every dollar he makes not for the welfare of the rest of the world but for the welfare of OUR family.

"It's time to be patriotic,” you said. “Time to jump in, time to be part of the deal, time to help get America out of this rut."

Do NOT imply, Sen. Biden, that we are not patriotic.

So NOT imply, Sen. Biden, that we do not love our country.

Do NOT imply, Sen. Biden, that we haven't ALREADY been paying MORE than our fair share to the government.

Let's put this into perspective. My husband and I paid more in taxes last year than most Americans make in a year. And that's not enough???? You want more???? Are you KIDDING me???

Here's a novel thought....how about YOU quit spending OUR money so recklessly???

Quite Sincerely,
T.H.

Obviously I've lost the capacity to keep my mouth shut any longer. So much for not talking politics on my blog. I'm going against my own damn rule. I completely realize that 90% of the people that read my blog are democratic to the core and many will be unable to let this fundamental difference in our beliefs slide by. I hope I'm wrong.... but if not....I'll miss you.