Monday, May 19, 2008

Moments for Me Monday - week 5


It's Monday again already!? Time sure is flying by. It must be all the fun..... All my Moments for Me!

Moment #1
I'm slowly trying to ease my way back into the running routine. I had hoped to get four runs in this week but only ended up doing two. Partly because I ended up back at the doc's office Friday with ANOTHER sinus infection. So I'm BACK on antibiotics....this would be the fifth round of antibiotics for me since December. UGH! So...I only got in two runs....it's better than nothing. I'll tell you, the hardest thing about running is getting out my door. Once I get out the door I'm fine. I'm always grateful that I didn't talk myself out of it. I love to sweat! I love to be outdoors! I love to push myself! But getting out the door is a challenge. I ran 3 miles both days which took me about 40 minutes. Which translates into 40 minutes of time by myself. Time to enjoy my music. Time to organize my thoughts. Time to enjoy the sunshine. And time to enjoy this....






Moment #2

Friday evening I went to a friends house to do some scrapbooking and got hooked on Creative Memories Digital Scrapbooking program. I spent a lovely evening (6 blissful hours) with lovely ladies doing one of my favorite hobbies.....scrapbooking. It's kinda funny, me and my friends enjoy our scrapbooking evenings out because it gives us a chance to get out of the house and away from the parental duties for a few hours but then we usually end up spending the entire evening talking about our kids and getting very little done.


Moment #3

I drove to IKEA on Saturday (a 50 minute drive) ALL. BY. MYSELF! I jammed Eminem and Eagles Greatest hits all the way there and jammed AC/DC all the way home....ALL BY MYSELF! And spent ninety glorious minutes in between wandering aimlessly around the 8th Wonder of the World ....IKEA. "O" how I love that place. I then spent the rest of the day putting together my purchase(s). I'll share my purchase(s) with you on "Tackle it Tuesday". I still have to take pictures and I'm still working on getting some stuff out of the basement to prepare for the pictures. On a side note....I gotta say....I LOVE Craigslist. I just listed a stove and 4 pieces of furniture yesterday afternoon (it was my first time listing on Craigslist) and already have the stove and one piece of furniture outta here. YEAY!

"When from our better selves we have too long

been parted by the hurrying world, and droop,

sick of its business, of its pleasures tired

How gracious, how benign, is Solitude."

- William Wordsworth



So how did you spend your Moments for YOU?! Link up and share!





8 comments:

Kelly said...

We'll have to make Ikea a girls trip one day!!!!

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Craigs list is my fave, too! In fact I have something I've been meaning to post but typically we get calls on the items we post so quickly and I knew we weren't going to be home!

I hope you don't think my post is a cheat, but some of my "ME" moments every day are the time I spend blogging. So my link is to my official 100th post with a giveaway. (I think you'll like it, too!)

Oh - and I LOVE your song list!!!

stitchin' girl said...

Sounds like you had some great moments for you this week!! Being alone for just a bit without the chaos that a family brings can be heaven!!

My post is along the same lines - a little bit of exercize and some other "quiet" moments - simply divine.

Thanks so much for getting me to find a way to work some of these things into my schedule - it has been such a breath of fresh air and so calming and relaxing.

Anonymous said...

I have never been to Ikea and I hear it's amazing. Maybe I'm lucky we don't have one nearby. So sorry to hear about the chronic infection. Take care.

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Craigslist is AMAZING! I can't believe how fast the crap goes!!

LittlePaintedPolkaDots said...

I love Ikea! I get the same feeling when I am getting off the highway and I see the big blue and yellow building as I did when we were heading down that road to Cedar Point and you could finally see the roller coasters.

Happy2bme said...

I'm behind the times I guess. Can you believe it, I've never been to ikea and I have never sold/bought anything on Craig's list.

Anonymous said...

I always feel so guilty when I read your Moments for Me because it's such a cool idea and I'm not doing it. Next Monday!