Friday, May 30, 2008

Fitness Friday

That's it! I'm officially out of control. So this is my way of trying to regain some control of my life. I don't want to fail at my attempts to quit smoking but if I keep eating like this I will. I'm going to start weight watchers again! My sister-in-law and Busy Dad are my inspirations. My SIL has lost 22 pounds so far. And Busy Dad has been tracking his Weight Loss Wednesday's for several weeks now. So you, my trusted bloggy friends, will be my weekly weigh-in meeting. I did weight watchers several years ago after having Smurfette and lost 15 pounds....I'm a life time member dontcha know! So every Friday will become my weigh in day and I will post my weight loss progress for the week. I would love to lose 15 pounds again. So that's my goal.

My weigh-in this morning was 145 pounds. So, I'm allowed 22 points. And I think I'm allowed a couple more points if I run but I'm not sure what the allowance for working out is so until I find out...I'll just stick to the 22 points. The food in the picture to the right is my allowance for the day and totals 14 points which gives me another 8 points for 1 piece of pizza and a salad when I go out scrapbooking with my friends tonight.

I'm also failing miserably at posting my marathon training progress in my other blog so I'm going to also use my Friday post as my marathon training updates. I just can't keep up with two blogs. AND I'll post about my "breathing free" progress.

So, this past week I slacked in my training because of the holiday weekend and all the puppy drama.

Tuesday - I Ran 3.47 miles in 42:21. Averaged 12:13 mile pace. Still alternating 4 min running/2 minutes walking. Felt great. Lungs are finally on the mend from last chest cold.

Wednesday - I Ran 5 miles in exactly 1 hour. 12:17 mile average pace. Felt awesome. Still alternating run/walk intervals. But I think after next week I'll be able to bump it up a notch....maybe 5 minutes running/2 minutes walking. Weather was gorgeous! Sunshine and 67. Saw a mama deer. Tried to get a picture but she was gone by the time I pulled out my camera. YES! I take my camera with me! I ran around this lake......gorgeous views! Very enjoyable run!




Was hoping to get a run in on Thursday while Smurfette was at school but had 2 different landscaper guys come by in the morning to give me some quotes for some work we need done in the yard. And then at night we had the boys' gymnastics banquet. So I couldn't get one in.

And now it's not gonna happen today because today is Smurfette's preschool graduation day and then I'm going out for the evening with a couple friends to do some scrapbooking. Hopefully, I'll be able to get back on track this coming week.

And today is day #4 without smoking for both my husband and I.

Feel free to join in on Fitness Friday....if anyone else is interested in being accountable to bloggy land I'll post a mister linky.

7 comments:

Marni's Organized Mess said...

What a great idea! :) I love WW and I so need to get on it.

Christy said...

I need some motivation to lose weight. I think about it, but I never actually do anything about it. I hope it works out for you!

Anonymous said...

Great idea... I have been "thinking" about getting started "next week" for awhile now. Sun I register for a 10 mile race in August, I am hoping it motivates me to get my butt moving again. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Anonymous said...

Tammy- I think we weigh exactly the same. I did WW last year and lost 10 lbs but gained it back over the winter. Horray for me! I've been thinking of going back but squeezing one more thing into my schedule isn't kosher with the simple (but fat?) life I'm working towards. Your running is very inspiring. Totally admire you!

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Ok, after I looked up your man, I straight knew he wasn't my type. I mean ALL the pictures are goatee less. Don't you notice the theme in pic's I chose?

Except for Heath's that was on my wall in high school, goatee's give me chills to my core.

True story.

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about Weight Watcher's too. I will hang with you on the challenge. Anything that will keep you from smoking. That is an amazing view you have. Is that lake by your house?

Dana said...

This is a great Idea.... Thanks for the motivation - I need it!