Sunday, November 4, 2007

Stop making me laugh I'm trying to be mad at you!

So, me and my darling husband were perched in front of the tv and realized it was getting late. Time for the kids to get ready for bed. So we call them upstairs from the dungeon to begin the inevitable ritualistic scream fest that takes place almost nightly in our home...asking the boys to shut the lights off down stairs...they come up 10 minutes later the lights are still on...."boys I asked you to shut the lights off"...."oh yeah, sorry"....they go down stairs and turn the main lights off but the tv and bathroom lights are still on...10 minutes later, "boys did you shut ALL the lights off?" ....."I think so".....they go back down stairs....and so on....and so on.....it usually takes 1/2 an hour to get everything turned off in the basement. This is a nightly occurance....



Then the brushing of the teeth begins.....



"go brush your teeth".............Apparently they didn't hear me........"GO brush your teeth".........still didn't hear me.........."DREAMY, look at me ....I said LOOK at me and FOCUS.......GO.....BRUSH........YOUR........TEETH"......."oh OK....geez.....you don't have to yell I'm right here". Now my jaws are hurting from grinding my teeth. I'm trying to count to ten and deep breathe. Then they spend the next 15 minutes in the bathroom laughing and carrying on abnoxiously....... I here things banging around ...they must be wrestling again.....until I'm yelling because I still don't hear the water running....I enter the bathroom and they're standing in front of the mirror making silly faces and smearing toothpaste on the counter and picking on Smurfette until she's screaming....."BRUUUSSSSSHHHHH YYYYOOOUUURRRRRR TTTEEEEEEEETH!!!!!!!!" My eyes are rolling to the back of my head my head is spinning and my face is turning purple......Brushing teeth shouldn't be a 45 minute venture....2 minutes max.....so I'm irritated and telling the boys that we really don't have to go through this every night if they would just listen and focus on doing what I ask them to do all our lives would be so much easier......I'm trying to give them "The Look".......but through my voice as they are in the bathroom while I'm talking from the great room.....and as I'm giving them my stern speech they come prancing into the great room like this.......







I'm guessing my stern speech became ineffective once I started laughing at their goofyness.

No comments: