Monday, November 19, 2007

Happy Birthday Hefty Smurf!

I can't believe I have an 11 year old! I'm too young to have an 11 year old! We celebrated Hefty's birthday on Saturday with the family.

And can I just say...I love my family but I'm convinced they suffer from Tourettes Syndrome. Instead of blurting out obscenities or having facial tics, however, my family uncontrollably and inexplicably blurts out bowel patterns, bowel habits, and anything having to do with or pertaining to bowel movements. We'll all be sitting at the kitchen table talking about the current economy and problems in the automotive industry and Grandma will shout out..."I shit 6 times a day".....OMG....didn't really need to know that....mom shouts out...."Mama Smurf only shits once a week"......OMG.....family didn't really need to know that either......It's something we've all laughed about over the years. We warn future family members (cousins' fiances and such) about this so they're not caught off guard at the 1st family holiday shit story. We NEVER get through a family get together without the subject of the conversation somehow turning to bowel movements....this isn't normal. I had to literally yell at my family to stop with the word "shit" because Hefty was sitting at the table soaking it all in. His teachers wonder where he gets his potty mouth.....welcome to my family!

Sunday we drove down to Toledo, Ohio for the boys 2nd meet of the season. They did fantastic. Hefty won 1st place all around and Dreamy won 2nd place all around....and I have to just throw in here that Dreamy was competing with kids who looked at least 2 - 3 years older than him. The kid who took 1st place was 12. They did great and we're very proud. They're already scoring higher all around scores than they were scoring at the END of last year's season in April!

Our doggy zapper is officially up and running as of about 1/2 hour ago! Yeay! They said it'll take maybe another week before I won't have to chase her down the street anymore. Next week they bump it up another notch....our dog may be black instead of white by next week if she doesn't learn quickly.

No comments: