Monday, January 14, 2008

Home Sweet Home

There's no place like home....there's no place like home...I'm in my shiney red shoes clicking my heels together! We're home after a long weekend in Chicage. LOVE that city but didn't get a whole lot of time to enjoy it. We had a free day on Saturday and enjoyed the Aquarium that day but the rest of the weekend was spent in a college auditorium sitting on very uncomfortable stadium seats. The boys did good. It's a huge meet with the best of the best gyms so the competition was impressive. The boys had a couple falls each that took them out of contention for all around medals but Dreamy Smurf just missed placing by 1 tenth of a point even with his falls on vault and floor. He came home with 4 medals for individual events. Hefty Smurf had a major wipe out on floor (usually his best event) and horse....but even with their falls they came home feeling good about their performance...that's what matters.

Back to my last blog entry....OH MY GOSH!! I can't remember the last time I've been that frustrated. We bought this van loaded with all the extras thinking that all the extras would make for more comfortable travelling with all the road trips we're always taking. But it does no good if we can't figure them out...the dual screen dvds are useless if you can't figure out how to play 2 different movies.....The AUX jacks are useless if you can't figure out how to get the PS2 to play on the screen with the remote.....the USB port is useless if you can't figure out how to download the ipod music....the programable garage opener is useless if you can't program it...the ....I could go on and on....so basically we have a whole lot of useless gadgets on our new van because I can't figure them out! And my PHONE!!! OMG I wasted 2 hours in the car trying to type out and post a blog...I would get the entire thing typed out and then everytime I'd go to post it I would end up deleting it...never did figure it out so I gave up and wasted 2 hours in the process! And as I type all this I bow my head in shame realizing how rediculous it is that I'm complaining about it...I understand that...I remember taking road trips as a kid sleeping in the back of my parents pick up truck with the cab top on with my pillow and blanket....no seat belts...no radio....no tv...and certainly no dvd players...I know....I get it...

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Tammy I am serious when I say your blog is funnier than that "other lady". Now, maybe it's because I know you personally and can vividly see you trying to do the shit you were talking about and getting frustrated!!!! Darryl and Amy just got the same van and they can't figure out the dual dvd's either.