1. Kids all got their flu shots yesterday. I got mine this morning. Bring it on BABY!
2. Anyone care to place wagers on when the next round of colds start....I should probably warn you that Smurfette had a head cold last week and now my sinuses feel funky today. I REALLY wish someone would come up with a cure or vaccine for the common cold.
3. Every year before winter hits I take all five of our comforters to the Laundromat to have them washed. And every year (for the last 4 years) shortly after I get them all washed one or all of my kids end up with the stomach flu and a comforter soaked in vomit. I'm thinking I'll wait to wash all the comforters this year. It only took me 4 years to learn this lesson....cuz I'm so quick.
4. Speaking of puking...my dog has puked 4 times since early this morning. (edited to add: Make that 8 times...I forsee a trip to the vet in our near future)
5. Speaking of my dog...she shit in my boys' bedroom yesterday....AGAIN....and my son stepped in it and then proceeded to track said shit across his bedroom carpet all the while yelling "MOOOMMMM, ROSIE POOPED IN MY BEDROOM AGAIN!" I'm seriously considering patenting a doggie ass cork.
6. Speaking of asses...week one of Team Fitness is over. I missed day one due to marathon soreness. Day two was spent doing fitness testing. Day three was yesterday and was our first day of actually working out. And now I can't sit on the toilet without letting out a little yelp. My. ass. hurts.
7. Dreamy update: I've been attempting since the beginning of the school year to use positive reinforcement to help Dreamy with his "issues". He has always responded well with this in the past. But this year it just hasn't been working. I really haven't been able to reinforce any positive behavior because every single day something was forgotten, or homework was lost, or a note came home from school about his inability to focus in class. So, on a whim, I changed my tactic to see how he responded. I told him since this wasn't working I was going to start taking privileges away. I took his Wii, PS2, and TV privileges away indefinitely until I see an improvement. I told him not to view this as a punishment but rather a period of time for refocusing. He actually took it rather well. That was 2 weeks ago. Do you know that he has received a "thumbs up" from his teacher (we communicate daily) EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. since then. He was suppose to have an appointment this morning with a clinical psychologist. I cancelled the appointment. I'd like to give it another couple weeks to see how he does before I go that route. His teacher sent me an email last week:
"Hi, When Mr. H (the principle) was in our class today to talk to the kids about the MEAP test, he asked the kids some ways to do their best. (Dreamy) raised his hand and said to "FOCUS on it." Mr. H made a really big deal out of it and (Dreamy) looked over at me and had a smile from ear to ear!!! Thought I would share that with you!!!!! Good luck with the marathon."
Wasn't that sweet of her to share that with me??
And then a couple days later Hefty received a post card in the mail from that same principle. It said: "Mrs. M told me that you are a mature and talented writer. That's great. Would you like to be the December C.C. (newsletter) student author? Keep up the good work."
I'm really feeling grateful that my kids go to a school with such an involved principle. I've been really lucky so far. My kids have always had great teachers. Reason #591 why we shouldn't move.
8. The boys had a sleep over at their friend's house last night. They were up until 3:30 am. And now they are having their friend spend the night tonight. And my niece and nephew are also spending the night. I hate sleep overs. Seriously. So, now, tomorrow I'm going to have a house full of cranky sleep deprived children. Oh boy! (edited to add: we have now picked up aNOTHER stray child at the gym. We now have 7 children sleeping in this house tonight. I ALMOST know how Jon and Kate feel)
9. Family movie night...we're watching Iron Man as I type this... I love Robert Downey Jr. I think if I had to choose my favorite actor I'd choose him. Iron man rocks my world. I'm a sucker for a man in a suit.
10. And because I need an even 10....my left upper lip has been twitching all damn night.