Friday, November 7, 2008

A new economic stimulus plan....

Got this in an email today. It made me chuckle so I thought I'd share it with ya'll.....


Subject: A lesson in Irish economics


Young Paddy from the liberties, moved to Offaly and bought a Donkey from a farmer for €100.00.


The farmer agreed to deliver the Donkey the next day.

The next day he drove up and said, 'Sorry son, but I have some bad news, the donkey died.

'Paddy replied, 'Well,then just give me my money back.

'The farmer said, 'Can't do that. I went and spent it already.'

Paddy said,'Ok, then, just bring me the dead donkey.'

The farmer asked, 'What are ya gonna do with him?

Paddy said, 'I'm going to raffle him off.'

The farmer said,' You can't raffle off a dead donkey!'

Paddy said, 'Sure I can. Watch me.. I just won't tell anybody he's dead.'

A month later, the farmer met up with Paddy and asked, 'What happened with that dead donkey?'

Paddy said, 'I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at two euros a piece and made a profit of €898.00.'

The farmer said, 'Didn't anyone complain?'

Paddy said, 'Just the guy who won. So I gave him his two euros back.'

Paddy now works for the Irish Government.

7 comments:

Kate said...

LOL That's awesome!

Kori said...

ha, that is hilarious! Have you seen the one about political science for dummies? It made me laugh out loud.

Leslie said...

lol, that's too funny. ;)

Brooke said...

Ha! Funny!

LittlePaintedPolkaDots said...

That is funny. Mind if I pass it along?

Christy said...

Clever.

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

That deserves a big ol' Nelson Munce "Ha ha!" I'll be sharing that one for sure!