It happened again.
You know, it's really kinda eery how I'm always winning things. You all can think I'm a freak...I'm OK with that....but I'm convinced that I have a special guardian angel that sees to it that I win everything. You think I'm just trying to be funny here but I'm really not. I really do believe that. Cause it's just not natural for a person to win things as often as I do.
And this time? I won me 12
HA!....oh come on now....that was funny, admit it......that even made me laugh. Me?!?....cooking?!?....MWAHAHAHA!
Eat your heart out mommy bloggers...I won me my very own Hot Blogger Calendar (2009).
Oh yes I did.
I won this from none other than Backpacking Dad himself....AKA Mr. September. And since I'm all about "paying it forward" I'm gonna purchase another calendar through the button on his blog to be shipped directly to one lucky reader for my very own Hot Blogger Calendar giveaway. You know you want one.
AND, Backpacking Dad is donating his proceeds from this calendar (ordered through that button on his blog) to families staying at the Ronald McDonald house at Stanford Hospital.
So, lets see, to enter this HOT giveaway contest you simply have to leave me a comment telling me how you plan to (or already have) "paid it forward." Have you changed someone's life for the better? Tell me about it. Contest closes at midnight on Friday....A winner will be randomly picked and announced on Saturday.
Thanks again Backpacking Dad!
But that's not all...
I've also been given this fine award below....
Kristin over at Jilli Java Garden of Eden gave me this award.....
"because I never have bloggingly met an individual who can be as self deprecating as this gal and she will blog about the good and the bad with no question. She's an equal opportunity blogger."
That's so sweet. Who knew that my self deprecation would win me an award? Thank you Kristin for making my day!
And now, per award rules, I'm suppose to share 10 honest things about myself. But...because I'm so fricking honest....I'm running out of things to tell you. My blog is pretty much an open book of me and my life and I've already shared just about everything I can possibly share about myself. I'll try to be original here but I'm sure these are things many of you already know about me.
1. I love to read but haven't read a book since that REALLY good smut novel during our trip with our friends back in August. I have purchased no less than 10 books since then. And still haven't gotten to them.
2. I absolutely canNOT stand to be near a person eating an apple. Makes me want to scream. Or gouge out there eyeballs.
3. When I was in 8th grade I use to sit next to a girl in English class that chomped on her wad of gum like a frick'n cow. We came close to getting into many a fist fights over it.
4. I enjoy talking on the phone with friends. I'm much more productive during the day if I have the phone glued to my ear. I try to have a contest with myself while I'm on the phone....How many household chores can I complete during this phone conversation?
5. I hate to cook. But then, you already knew that didn't you? That's not to say I'm not good at it when I DO cook. But I still hate it.
6. When I decorated my house for Christmas recently I realized I had a Christmas decoration right in my kitchen that was never put away from last Christmas...it just sorta blended right in. And the bathroom in my basement? still had the wreath on the wall and the Silver Christmas trees on the counter since last year. I'm all about efficiency. Why put it away when you'll just have to pull it back out in 11 months?
7. I love the color red. I love decorating for Christmas. And I love for my house to be color coordinated. So one of the biggest reasons I bought red couches for my great room is so that my Christmas decorations would match. I'm SO not kidding.
8. I've had electrolysis treatments done on my eyebrows, and laser zaps on my dego stache, and bikini area. I'm a hairy dego. May go back in the future for my legs and arm pits if I can ever get over the trauma from the pain of the first treatments.
9. I. Want. A. Tummy. Tuck. And when I do get that tummy tuck...and I WILL get it one day...I'm so darn honest that I'll be sharing before and after photos with ya'll....
10. I have a bald spot the size of a nickle on the crown of my head (slightly to the left) that has been there since I was born. And EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I got my haircut growing up....the hairdresser would say "you know you have a bald spot on your head...you should have that checked out." My dear friend Kelly now cuts my hair and up until about a year ago she also would say those exact words to me EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. she cut my hair. Until I pointed out to her that she had probably said that to me no less than 20 times previously. She hasn't said it since. =) Luv ya Kel!!
So I pass this award on to the following..
Life As I Live It cuz she's moving into a brand new house in a couple weeks and could use the new bling as a house warming gift. =)
Got Kids, Need Valium cuz she's a fellow shopping enthusiast and us shopping enthusiasts like a little bling. And she's got kids and she needs valium....(her words not mine...she's a very delightful woman)
Grace Comes By Hearing cuz she and her husband have just (as in less than 48 hours ago) become the proud parents to a beautiful little boy as their adopted son, Samuel, was just born. Congrats Tracey!
See Kori Rant cuz I have a soft spot for a gal that tells it like it is. And I just have a soft spot for this chic in general. Life has dealt her some pretty low blows but she always comes out pointing at the shiny spot on a rusty old dilapidated Lincoln.
Common Mom I can relate to her...and her "common-ness". I like her humor. She makes me laugh. Except, of course, when she starts talking about loving snow and winter and sh*t. =)
Mommy Always Wins cuz she's one of the very first blogs I started following way back when and she's a full time working mom who's totally got her sh*t together and can laugh at herself when she doesn't.
Spoiled Mommy cuz I've just recently "met" her and I like her.
Here are the rules for the recipients:
♥ list 10 honest things about yourself
pass the award onto 7 blogs that you find brilliant in their content or design
♥ link to the blogger who gave you this prize
♥ link to the blogs receiving the prize
♥ notify the recipients