Thursday, October 25, 2007

It's all an act!

My darling daughter has been labeled as "shy"....she's slow to warm up to people and tends to "assume the position" with her head buried in my thighs when someone she doesn't know tries to talk to her. I discovered last week that this "shyness" that she displays has been an act all along! She's smarter than I gave her credit for! For several months now there is a gymnastics coach at our gym that is always saying "Hi Smurfette"...but Smurfette immediately assumes the position. Last week the coach says..."Smurfette....why won't you say "hi" to me....one of these days I'll get you to say "hi" ". So when the coach left the room ....Smurfette's head emerges from my thighs and she sneaks a peak from the corner of her eye to make sure she has indeed left the room.....

me: "Smurfette, when someone says hi to you...you should say "hi" back...you're not being very nice....you're going to hurt her feelings."

Smurfette: "Nahhhh......I won't hurt her feelings.......she thinks I'm cute."

I truly believe that this "shy" act has all along been her way of cranking up the "cuteness factor"......where on earth does she get this from......

No comments: